Getting healthy is based on simple ideas like eating more nutritious foods and getting more exercise, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy. If you’ve tried and failed time and time again, maybe you’re not using the right strategies. Follow these tips for getting in shape.
1. Be open to trying a new workout at least once. You may hate it, like you suspect, or you may find out that you love something completely new and different from anything you’ve tried before.
2. Realize that the feeling of being uncomfortable is completely natural and nothing to be afraid of. The more you do that uncomfortable thing, the more comfortable it will become!
3. Find someone else who will hold you accountable. Working out with a friend or booking an appointment with a trainer means that someone else is counting on you, which is more incentive to show up.
4. Seek out a workout environment that you’re comfortable in. Some people thrive in group classes while others prefer more solo ventures.
5. Stock your home with essential health products from websites like www.chemistaustralia.com.au. You’ll never have to use the excuse that you don’t have a necessity on hand.
6. When grocery shopping, stick to the perimeter of the supermarket, which is where real, unprocessed food is kept.
7. Plan your meals and snacks. You’ll have everything you need in your refrigerator and cabinets, and you won’t have to spend time wondering what your next meal will be. When you plan ahead, you ward off mindless snacking. You’ll also be less tempted to eat out.
8. Instead of worrying about cutting calories from your diet, focus on eating healthier foods. Overall, nutritious foods have a lower calorie count, so you’ll automatically cut your calorie intake without even trying.
9. Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is great for your skin and it will also keep you full. Aim for one gallon of water a day.
The best exercise is the kind you’ll do. Find out what inspires and encourages you to move.